Well, on Monday I talked about the banana challenge starting with the idea of a banana omelette. This is what happened: I initially tried whisking mashed banana in with the eggs, but you know what? It just tasted like banana pancakes. Which was good too, just not what I was going for. I tried a couple other strategies and found something that works. But while experimenting I came up with this bacon banana scrambled eggs recipe.
I have made this a bunch of times since, and it has been approved by more than one friend. Whoop whoop!
By the way, did you know there is a The Hangover Part III movie? It was on a movie channel the other day. I liked it. As uncomfortable and awkward as Alan is, I get a kick out of those movies. If you watch it, make sure that you watch the clip after the credits.
Don’t worry, I haven’t given up on the banana omelette yet! And I still want to hear about your banana challenge successes and failures in the comments below: any weird food combinations that you’ve made with bananas. Or anything else that sounds like an unlikely combination that you’ve tried.
- 3 slices bacon (cut into ½" squares)
- 1 banana (cut into ½" cubes)
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup aged cheddar (shredded)
- Cook bacon in frying pan over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add banana.
- Whisk eggs, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl, then pour into pan.
- Scramble and cook until eggs are desired firmness.
- Leave a comment about what you think below!