AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad is a savory summer salad to keep you cool and AIP compliant! Middle Eastern and Mediterranean foods are some of my favorite cuisines, and so nice that it can be enjoyed on AIP or elimination diets!!
If you have been following us on Instagram you would know, Raj has been gone for a week, and I'm trying to take some time to enjoy the summer. Summer is not my fave. I have always had to work more, and never taken time off or had time to enjoy the long days and the warm weather.
Usually, when there is no one here to watch me, I work, I spend long hours at my day job, and I sustain life on caffeine and sugar. And then I cry more and feel shitty. But not this time! I have been setting a timer to only work 8 hours per day at my day job, and working on website stuff, or in the garden.
In the 8 days Raj has been gone I have made 22 lbs of dill pickles, A batch of apricot and a double batch of raspberry jam. I know, it doesn't some really “restful” exactly, but I love getting up early and slaying the day. There is a sweet satisfaction in hearing canning jars seal, and watching the pantry fill up with real, good, homemade preserves for the long dark winter.
AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad
I love spending the day in the kitchen or the garden, and anytime we can come up with a great dish that is AIP compliant is a day to celebrate. Elimination diets can make you feel deprived and the summer socials of BBQ's and parties can make it feel even worse.
Sumac spice can be hard to find, thank goodness for Amazon or for the “International” aisle in the grocery store. It is a vital part of this AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad recipe, and a literal tastebud saver when you are eating AIP, so don't skip it!
AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad is refreshing and cooling and packed full of AIP flavor!! So you don't feel deprived, but still on track!Print
AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad is a savory summer salad to keep you cool and AIP compliant! Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food are some of my favorite cuisines, and so nice that it can be enjoyed on AIP or elimination diets!
- 3 cups of melon balls (this is super cathartic get your melon baller here)
- 1 long english cucumber chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 small head of lettuce chopped (romaine is my fave, Raj loves butter lettuce)
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsely (I used curly and Italian flat leaf, whatever makes you happy)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- juice from 1/2 lime (or 1/4 cup)
- 1.5 tsp ground sumac
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 radishes sliced (optional)
- Ball your melon, put them in a strainer, and set aside (you'll want the watermelon juice for later. Maybe with a splash of gin?).
- Combine all other ingredients. except the salt and pepper.
- Add melon balls and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Give the salad a good stir before serving.
Don't forget the ground sumac, it is really important!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: AIP salad, summer salad, fattoush salad, sumac spice, gluten-free, AIP