AIP Watermelon Fattoush Salad is a savory summer salad to keep you cool and AIP compliant! Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food are some of my favorite cuisines, and so nice that it can be enjoyed on AIP or elimination diets!
- 3 cups of melon balls (this is super cathartic get your melon baller here)
- 1 long english cucumber chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 small head of lettuce chopped (romaine is my fave, Raj loves butter lettuce)
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsely (I used curly and Italian flat leaf, whatever makes you happy)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- juice from 1/2 lime (or 1/4 cup)
- 1.5 tsp ground sumac
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 radishes sliced (optional)
- Ball your melon, put them in a strainer, and set aside (you’ll want the watermelon juice for later. Maybe with a splash of gin?).
- Combine all other ingredients. except the salt and pepper.
- Add melon balls and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Give the salad a good stir before serving.
Don’t forget the ground sumac, it is really important!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: AIP salad, summer salad, fattoush salad, sumac spice, gluten-free, AIP