Tangy with just a touch of licorice, Apple Fennel salad is great as a side for your picnic.
- 1 fennel bulb (washed, peeled if needed, sliced)
- 2 crisp apples (washed, cored and sliced)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar or mixing bowl and shake or whisk well. Set aside.
- Combine fennel and apple.
- Add lemon juice and mix to coat (to prevent apple browning).
- Add optional ingredients.
- Add dressing and stir to coat.
- Let rest for 10 min before serving.
- Category: Salad