Tangy apricots with a little jalapeno bite, apricot jalapeno paleo jam, made without sugar or pectin.
- 8 cups apricots, stones removed
- 2 jalapenos, sliced, seeded if your want less heat
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Wash and pit the apricots, leave the skins on: the pectin from the skin will help the jam firm up.
- Add jalapenos, leaving out the seeds if you don’t like the spice.
- Add lemon juice and honey, bring to a boil, and stir occasionally.
- Simmer for 5 min, and then mash the mixture, continuing to simmer.
- Simmer 40 min or until the texture thickens to a desired consistency.
- I mashed the jam once more to make sure there weren’t any huge chunks of jalapeno or apricot.
- The 8 cups of apricot yielded 4 small jars of jam, it should last in the fridge for 8 weeks, or you can water bath can the jam to last longer.
- Category: Preserves
- Method: Canning
- Cuisine: Jam