What makes the Avocado Lime Omelette so good? Everything about it!
Avocado. Lime. Salt.
Match made in heaven. Work those into anything and I'm happy. Guacamole, tacos, or on their own: happy food dance baby! How in the world did I not know about this magical fruit until my 20s???
…I just started daydreaming about all the truly magic ingredients together: duck, avocado, lime, salmon sashimi, pineapple, prawns, bacon, cheese… How am I going to put these all together? Actually, an omelette would be an easy way to do that haha. I might need some alone time now.
Avocado Lime Omelette
I've made this Avocado Lime Omelette 3 times this week. So I'm a fan. This is one of the simplest omelettes I've ever made since typically I like to really ram them full of vegetables.
Enjoying an Avocado Lime Omelette doused in Frank's Red Hot, aged cheddar, and extra chili peppers is probably all I'll do for Cinco de Mayo this year, but I think it's a pretty good way to celebrate any day!
- 2–3 eggs (depending on how ravenous your hunger is, but no matter what you decide your mouth will want more when you're done)
- 1/8 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 or 2 chili peppers
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of one half regular lime
- Franks Red Hot Sauce to taste
- aged cheddar (if primal/lacto-paleo)
- In a non-stick pan, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and chilies and saute, seasoned with a pinch of salt, until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs (I just use a fork), add a pinch of salt here too, as well as 1/4 avocado.
- Smash up the avocado a bit – think chunky guacamole.
- Cube the other 1/4 avocado, and put in another bowl. Squeeze some of the lime over this and sprinkle with salt.
- Add onions and chilies to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Melt a little more ghee in a pan, then pour in egg mixture, evenly coating the pan.
- Cook until lightly golden and the base is solid, then flip to cook other side.
- Slide omelette onto a plate, pour avocado cubes on half of the egg, folding the other half over top. Sprinkle with more lime juice and optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast