- 2–3 eggs (depending on how ravenous your hunger is, but no matter what you decide your mouth will want more when you’re done)
- 1/8 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 or 2 chili peppers
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 avocado
- juice of one half regular lime
- Franks Red Hot Sauce to taste
- aged cheddar (if primal/lacto-paleo)
- In a non-stick pan, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and chilies and saute, seasoned with a pinch of salt, until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs (I just use a fork), add a pinch of salt here too, as well as 1/4 avocado.
- Smash up the avocado a bit – think chunky guacamole.
- Cube the other 1/4 avocado, and put in another bowl. Squeeze some of the lime over this and sprinkle with salt.
- Add onions and chilies to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Melt a little more ghee in a pan, then pour in egg mixture, evenly coating the pan.
- Cook until lightly golden and the base is solid, then flip to cook other side.
- Slide omelette onto a plate, pour avocado cubes on half of the egg, folding the other half over top. Sprinkle with more lime juice and optional ingredients.
- Category: Breakfast