If you’ve liked my other omelettes, or our Greek recipes, or if you have functional taste buds, you’re gonna like this Baba Ganoush Omelette. And if you haven’t tried the other omelettes or Greek recipes, you need to go try those too.
Have you ever had one of these days?
My to-do list today is massive. I had my Google calendar double- and triple-booked all day. Plus I wanted to make some food for a friend. And go to the gym. So when I woke up and dealt with the seemingly zillions of emails that appeared today (not the existing stack that I was hoping to do something with from before) it was close to 10:00 am by the time I stopped using my mobile device and got out of bed to start on the rest of the day!
I fired up my computer before hopping in the shower, and when I came back to it I found that my internet wasn’t working. Beauty.
The more things I tried (yes: the first thing I tried was rebooting everything), the technology fails seemed to pile up, including my Facebook app on my phone glitching so that when I tried to message someone about some blog-related inquiries everything I typed I typed typed, came came up like typed like I had a weird had a weird stutter. Awesome.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I haven’t eaten yet. I haven’t accomplished anything on my to-do list yet! The day is disappearing and the tools I need are revolting against me. I want to physically destroy something and let out a roar that can be heard for miles!
I was texting with Holley at the same time and she told me to just get one thing done, accomplished, and then I’ll get some momentum. OK fine. I made an omelette. Thankfully I’d had it planned out and all the ingredients were sitting there waiting for me. It still took me over an hour because of photos.
It was beautiful.
And tasted amazing. And you won’t get to see it for quite some time (nasty tease!). But I don’t feel that bad since I’m finally sharing the Paleo Baba Ganoush Omelette, which is also fantastic. I told Holley that I was finally eating (and sent a photo). At 1:30 pm, eating was the accomplishment of the day. “I’d call that a win,” she says. I don’t think “win” is the word. “Not on the productivity front as much as delicious survival.”
OK. I can deal with that. Let the productivity commence!
Nope. More technology fails. Serenity now.
Hahaha. Yeah, I like Seinfeld.
OK, let’s just enjoy some “delicious survival”, possibly with Paleo Sangria? Maybe wait til the weekend to start off your day like that….
Baba Ganoush Omelette
- Yield: 1 omelette 1x
- 2–3 eggs
- 1/4 cup ham -sugar-free, corn syrup-free (diced)
- 1/4 cup baby bok choy (finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup cherry/grape/baby heirloom tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/8–1/4 cup baba ganoushish
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- 1/8 cup Paleo Tzatziki
- In a non-stick frying pan melt 1 Tbsp ghee over medium to med-high heat.
- Add ham and bok choy.
- Set warmed ham and bok choy aside in a bowl once bok choy is soft dark.
- Whisk eggs and salt (a pinch or two) with a fork.
- Melt 1 Tbsp ghee and coat frying pan.
- Pour in eggs, making sure they evenly coat the pan.
- Once solid, flip eggs over (using a flipper or a flick of the wrist depending on your experience, comfort level, equipment, or who has to clean up the mess if you miss) and cook until the second side slides freely and is a light golden yellow.
- Slide onto a plate, spoon baba ganoush onto one half of eggs, add bok choy, ham, and tomatoes on the same side, then fold other half of egg over top (forming a semi-circle, taco-like arrangement. You’ve seen omelettes before- you know what I’m talking about. Look: there are photos on this page!).
- If you want Paleo Tzatziki on there too, now’s the time to add some on top.
Use spinach in place of bok choy, or any other dark leafy green.
I made two, so if you’re wondering about the amounts in the photos, yes, they are double what I used in the recipe.
Oh, and as with everything else in this world, you should serve this with bacon. I think I had it with maple turkey bacon.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Greek
Doesn’t everyone feel better now? Or is that because of the Paleo Sangria that you had with it?
Hahaha, good clip. SERENITY NOW!!!! Watch your earbuds Raj, I’m gonna scream that at you every time you’re frustrated….hehehehe