Salty and crunchy bacon chive pumpkin seeds satisfy your craving for a savoury snack
- 2 Tbsp bacon fat
- Seed from one pumpkin, rinsed, cleaned and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp finely diced chives
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse and pick out pulp from the pumpkin seeds, pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lay pumpkin seeds out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with onion powder and 1 tbsp chives.
- Melt bacon fat and pour over pumpkin seeds and chives, tossing until lightly coated.
- Bake 10 min, mix and pop back into the oven.
- Bake another 10 min and mix again, popping back into the oven for an additional 5 min. (Or until seeds are golden and crisp).
- Top with remaining 1 Tbsp chives.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you are going to eat them right away you can add a slice of finely diced bacon as well!
- Category: snack