Bacon Chocolate Banana Bread. Chocolate and bacon, does it get any better? Rich but not too sweet, and of course grain free!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 oz melted chocolate 60% or greater
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 3 tbsp ghee, room temperature
- 3 tbsp palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Pan fry bacon bits so they are lightly crisped.
- Combine, banana’s, maple syrup, melted chocolate, coconut oil, bacon bits and eggs, mix with a hand mixer.
- Add cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (remember the bacon adds salt, so just a pinch!).
- Line a greased loaf pan with parchment paper (I had a paper loaf pan that I dropped in).
- Spoon mixture into pan.
- Combine ingredients, and spoon gently over the top of the loaf batter.
- Bake for 50 min.
- Allow cooling completely before cutting.
If you are not a bacon fan, it’s okay, I understand, substitute chopped pecans or chocolate chips, but don’t forget a little more salt!
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven