Bacon Wrapped Pears with balsamic drizzle is great atop a pile of greens, as an appetizer, a side, or heck… even dessert. Paleo and AIP friendly and super easy!
- 2–4 pears (I used anjou pears, but any variety that will stay firm while baking is great)
- 1 package of bacon
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar reduction
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Core and slice pears into 4-8 slices.
- Slice bacon strips in half, lenghtwise, then one strip will wrap two slices of pear.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 ish minutes until bacon is to the desired crispness. I like my bacon still slightly soft.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction overtop.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
No balsamic reduction? No problem: simmer 1/4 cup on balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it thickens up and reduces. Careful not to scortch it.
When I made this recipe, I quartered the pears, giving us 4 bacon wrapped beauties per pear, I would go thinner slices next time for a higher bacon to pear ratio.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Bacon, pears, balsamic vinegar