Balsamic pickled fruit great as a desert, a sauce or salad topping
- 2 cups ripe berries or cherries
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 allspice berries
- 6 pink peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- Wash and sterilize jars and lids.
- Wash fruit, you can remove stems and pits, but you don’t have to – personal preference.
- Put fruit into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Over medium heat combine water, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, peppercorns and cloves.
- Let simmer 8-10 min then remove cinnamon stick, (I left the rest of the spices in).
- Pour into jars over the packed fruit, again leaving 1/4 inch at the top.
- I immersed the jars in a boiling water bath for 15 min, removed and let cool.
- Allow to sit 24-48 hours before serving.
You do not have to can this, it could last up to 12 weeks in a cool (refrigerated) dark spot. I wanted mine for longer so I sealed them.
- Category: Dessert