- 2 large red beets (cut in half and sliced)
- 1 large white beets (cut in half and sliced)
- a couple knobs of butter
- salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt approximately 3/4 Tbsp butter and add white beets.
- In another pot, melt approximately 1.5 Tbsp butter and add red beets (if you cook them all together you’d just end up with red colored beets).
- Add salt and cook until tender-firm (not quite as tender as you’d cook a potato).
- Plate in a fancy Canadian flag pattern.
Don’t throw the beet leaves away! You can eat those too (see recipe below).
- Category: Canada Day
- Cuisine: Holiday