- 3 beets-worth of leaves (washed & chopped)
- 1 small red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely diced)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- In a medium-large pot, melt ghee over medium heat.
- Soften shallot, garlic, and red pepper until shallots are translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add beet leaves.
- Stir often – you want to cook this fast.
- Add salt.
- Have cold water in the sink, deep enough to come up half-way on the pot.
- Once the leaves are cooked (dark, soft, and wilted), put pot in cold water to shock the leaves. This helps prevent them from loosing their water content which would result in a lot of fluid in the bottom of the pot.
- Category: Canada Day
- Cuisine: Holiday