For some reason, I've never paid attention to Amazon Prime Days in the past. I don't know why. It seems like it's right up there with Black Friday and Boxing Day.
The other Amazon service I've been using this year is Audible for listening to audiobooks. I love that you can make notes as you go along – very helpful when listening to health and personal growth books.
*Note – Audible is not included as a free Prime benefit, but there are often great discounts on Audible subscriptions on Prime Days.
What Are We Missing From Amazon Prime?
A ton! We're missing out on a ton! It's kinda ridiculous to be totally honest. There really is a lot included from Prime. A membership is well worth it even if you only take advantage of a few of them. Click here to find all of the Prime benefits.
Click here to find all Prime benefits for Canadians – yes, ours is different….
Here's a list of some of the big features included in an Amazon Prime membership:
- Prime Delivery – Depending on where you live and what you order, this may allow for 2-day, 1-day, and even same-day delivery.
- Prime Video – As far as streaming video services go, this is a good one. There are some amazing Prime originals, like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Fleabag, Electric Dreams, Jack Ryan, plus access to movies.
- Amazon Music Prime – I didn't know that this was even a thing! You also get a discount on Amazon Music Unlimited (give this a trial as well).
- Prime Gaming – Free games and exclusive in-game content. …I need to avoid this one, or you may not see me again for a year….
- Amazon Photos – Another one I didn't know about. This is huge: UNLIMITED photo storage is included with your Prime account!!! Store, print, and share from there!
- Prime Reading – Prime members get access to a whack of reading materials (books, magazines, Audible narration, and more.
- Prime at WHOLE FOODS MARKET!!! – Lucky Americans, this isn't one that we get to take advantage of north of the border. Savings, money back, and deliveries!
- Early Access to Deals – Get access to Lightening Deals 30 minutes before non-Prime members. (This is a big deal when it comes to things like Instant Pot deals that sell out quickly!) …DEEEEEAAAALLLLSSSS!
Try Prime for FREE!
That's right! Get Amazon Prime and all the stuff above for 30 days for free. That gets you through Prime Days (Nov. 13-14) and alllllmmmost to Black Friday…
But if you're really ontop of it, you can get your Christmas shopping done in the next 30 days!
Tips to Get the Best Out of Amazon Prime Days
There is a lot going on during Prime Days. It can be overwhelming, for sure. So here are some tips, straight from the horse's mouth (what a weird expression!).
These are Amazon's tips for preparing for Prime Days:
- Get Deal Alerts
Use the “Watch this deal” in the Amazon app which will alert you like a personal shopper!
- Look for Deal Badges
Prime Day deals can be spotted with their blue badges.
- Prime Day, Your Way
Access deals through the app, website, or Alexa.
- Just ask Alexa
“Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?”
- Meet Amazon Assistant
This will make comparing prices a cinch!
Stuff to Watch for on Amazon Prime Days
Here is a list of things that you may want to watch for on Prime Day – why do they call it “Prime Day” when it is officially 2 days and they have lead-up sales as well..? The things that keep me up at night….
- Kindle Accessories
- Kindle Unlimited (free trial)
- Kitchen supplies
- Audible subscription
- And tons more!
Even if you're not in the market for anything atm, browsing the Prime Day deals is a great way to come up with gift ideas for those on your list.
…Or for gift ideas for yourself, so that you can tell people who have no idea what to get you for Christmas and your upcoming birthday what you
I hope that you've found this information helpful, that you find some sweet deals, and that you're buying me something amazing! Happy hunting!
Disclosure – We do get small advertising fees when you use our links, but this does not affect your price, and we really appreciate the support. Also, even though we get a small commission from Amazon, that does not shape our views that we share with you. We value you and only share what we think is of value and what you could benefit from.