- Tea Cup
- Tea Pot
- Tea Spoon
- Fresh water
- Tea – in a bag or loose with a strainer
- Tea Cozy- or a thick kitchen towel
- Optional: cream and sugar. Or a more paleo: honey and coconut cream or almond milk.
- Fill your kettle with fresh water and put on high heat until water comes to a full rolling boil.
- Pour 1/2 cup boiling water into your teapot and swirl it around a bit. Place your tea cozy or thick towel around your teapot and let it sit while you return your kettle to high heat. Returning your water once again to a rolling boil (unless you are drinking green tea, then you need to stop just short of a boil to avoid cooking the tea leaves).
- Pour the water out of your teapot and put your teabag/loose tea into your teapot, and gently pour your boiling water into the teapot.
- Cover with tea cozy or thick towel and let steep for 3-5 minutes or to your preference.
- Pour into a tea cup, or through a strainer depending on if you have used bags or loose tea. Add sugar if required and stir with your tea spoon.
- Grasp tea cup handle and raise your pinky finger high into the air as you sip from the cup.
- Optional: If adding cream or milk, put it into the cup before pouring in the tea. Why? I don’t know, but that is the rule.