While working on The Primal Desire-related things yesterday, I watched the last season of How I Met Your Mother. Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil the ending like many people would.
I don't know about you, but I become immersed in shows that I like very quickly. Like trying to talk to Dad during the hockey game – I am non-responsive. And I become emotionally invested quickly as well. So when a series like this that I really enjoy comes to an end, it's like the end of a relationship or multiple relationships. Like the end of school, or a job, or moving to a new city. I'm never going to have new adventures with these characters. I won't get to spend time with them as regularly. It's sad. The end of an era, really.
I remember the first long series I used to watch ending and leaving an empty feeling inside: I used to watch Cheers with my dad all the time. Remember, with Woody Harrelson in a role unlike any other role he has ever played: the innocent farm boy, Woody Boyd (I know the theme song is in your head). Then Seinfeld, although I don't remember appreciating that show as much while it was airing (now it's one of my favorite shows of all time. In fact, I'll probably reference it often in the future). I left Friends before they could leave me (missed the last season).
By the way, there is going to be a spin-off called How I Met Your Dad coming out and apparently Meg Ryan will be the voice of the mom.
And I'm not a fan of watching episodes weekly as they are released. I like to rip through a season, or even a full series, back-to-back. Netflix-style.
9 seasons! HIMYM was on for 9 years… You realize that these characters were in my life longer than many friends? We've been through more ups and downs than many of the real people I've connected with in my life. So it was with heavy heart that I said goodbye to Ted, Barney, Lily, Marshall, and Robyn. I'll miss you, my friends. You'll always have a special place in my heart.
But maybe filling my stomach with a Butter Chicken Omelette will distract me…
Obviously, you'll need some Paleo Butter Chicken or the faster version: Instant Pot Butter Chicken to make your Butter Chicken Omelette. Or even the Paleo Vegan “Butter Chicken” (anything is an appropriate vehicle for butter chicken sauce, really!).Print
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup basil (diced)
- 1/2 cup spinach (shredded)
- 1/4 cup butter chicken sauce and chicken leftovers (warmed up)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 1/8 cup parsley (diced)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced into bite-sized pieces and coated in lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl crack eggs and beat with a fork until uniform consistency. Mix in shredded spinach and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, melt ghee in a non-stick frying pan (I prefer a well-seasoned cast iron or ceramic pan).
- When hot, pour in egg mixture. Allow to cook until almost solid, then flip to cook other side. Remove from heat.
- Heat butter chicken (in a microwave or in a pot).
- Put tomatoes, butter chicken, and avocado on half of the egg, then fold the other half over top.
- Sprinkle top with green onions and parsley.