Classic pesto flavour with a paleo twist, you don’t even miss the cheese!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cups avocado oil (divided)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- Toast pine nuts (I bought mine raw, and used the skillet method)
- Wash basil and pat dry, lightly press into a measuring cup.
- Add to a food processor or blender.
- Add; Garlic, 1/3 cup avocado oil, nutritional yeast, toasted pine nuts, and salt.
- Puree until it forma a loose paste.
- I put Mine into freezer safe containers in 1/4 cup portions, leaving enough space to top with the remaining 1/3 cup avocado oil.
- Stir in the cheese at the end if you are NOT freezing the pesto.
inspired from The Food Network pesto recipe
- Category: Condiment/ Sauce