- 2–3 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 3/4 cup strawberries (hulled)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken wings with salt, pepper, and chipotle powder.
- Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp of ghee in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken wings on each side, then place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile: in a frying pan over medium heat, sauté onions in 1/2 Tbsp ghee. Remove from heat when soft and put in blender.
- Add chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, cayenne powder, strawberries, maple syrup, and lime juice, and blend together until smooth.
- After removing chicken from oven, move wings to a mixing bowl and toss with strawberry mixture. Coat thoroughly using tongs.
- Return wings to the cookie sheet and place in oven for another 10 minutes to bake sauce onto chicken.
- Serve with Paleo Ranch Dressing to dip.
- Category: Appies
- Method: Oven