- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (diced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp celery leaves (diced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp saffron
- Stir coconut milk, salt, saffron, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil or avocado oil over medium heat in a saucepan and saute garlic until golden brown. Add celery leaves and then turmeric and continue to heat for another minute. Add cream mixture, cooking for 5 minutes or until boiling gently.
- Continue to simmer over medium heat for another 5-15 minutes until desired thickness is achieved (cooking down to 250ml will form a nice thick sauce for coating or dipping).
This sauce is great on EVERYTHING! Lamb, fish, chicken, pork, beef, vegetables, and you can bet that I’ll be trying it with eggs.
Oh! And make it ahead of time and freeze it.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: stove-top