Sweet apples simmered with rich curry: perfect on chicken or pork!
- 5 lbs apples peeled and cored
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- Peel and core apples, slice and put in a large pot.
- Add water and all spices, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Turn down and let simmer 45-60 min until apple are soft.
- Mash or use an immersion blender until apple sauce is desired constancy.
- Add lemon juice, and stir well.
- Put into jars and water bath can for 30 min, or store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
Already made apple sauce? Just add the 1/2 of the called for spices and mix well!
note from Raj: try adding raisins! And eat with a slice of cheese (if you eat lacto-paleo/primal)
- Cook Time: 55-70 min