- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1/2 medium pumpkin -approx. 5-6 cups (skinned and cut 1/2 inch cubes)
- 2 gala apples (skinned and cut into 1/2 inch tubes)
- 1/2 – 1 serrano pepper (depending on your heat preference – seeded if you’re sensitive)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 heaping Tbsp garam masala
- 1.5 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or veggie stock)
- 1/2 cup almonds (sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- 12 medium-sized curry leaves (diced – if you have access to this – my aunt was growing some)
- 1/2 – 1 Tbsp crushed chili peppers
- Saute onions (with some salt) in a large pot in ghee over medium heat until onions are soft and brown.
- Add pumpkin, garam masala, garlic, cumin seeds, serrano pepper, crushed chilies, and a cup of stock.
- Cook until pumpkin is soft (about 20 minutes) add extra stock if needed.
- Add apples, curry leaves, raisins, and cilantro. Cook for 5-10 minutes until apples are warm and softened.
- Add almonds and garnish with cilantro.
- Cuisine: Indian