- In a large pot over medium heat, saute onions, garlic, and 3/4 tsp salt in ghee. Stir occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Stir in turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli, increasing temperature to high until boiling, then reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes (broccoli stems should be soft).
- Allow to cool a bit, then use immersion to cream ingredients. (If no immersion blender, use blender – but allow to cool a bit more if you’re using a blender – You don’t want to accidentally cover yourself in scalding soup if there is a blender explosion.)
- Stir in coconut milk, paprika, fenugreek and lemon juice, cooking over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: add in a dollop of coconut whip cream or sour cream once served in bowl (it looks pretty and adds some extra creaminess).
- Category: soup
- Method: stove-top