Sweet and tart fruit enhanced by fragrant spices makes this Curry Rhubarb BBQ Sauce a fun way to enhance your grilled chicken and pork.
- 4 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 pint roma tomatoes and liquid
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Wash and chop rhubarb, add butter and saute over medium heat.
- Add roma tomatoes and liquid, garlic and maple syrup, bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer 20 minutes and then add spices, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, turmeric, chili flakes, salt, and cayenne.
- Leave garam masala aside until you are almost done, or it will overpower the sauce, alternatively if you love that garam masala add it in with the other spices.
- Simmer, stirring regularly, until there are no large “chunks” and the sauce becomes smooth.
- Add in garam masala if you haven’t already.
- Brush onto chicken or ribs and grill to your heart’s content!
- Cook Time: 30-35 min
- Category: Sauce
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: BBQ