- 4 cups cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk (full fat)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (optional) booze as desired: spiced rum, bourbon, or cognac
- In a medium-large saucepan (at least 2 liters), whisk eggs and salt together. Gradually add coconut milk, syrup, and 2 cups of cashew milk while continuing to whisk.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens to the point that it can coat the back of a spoon (approx. 25 min).
- Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining cashew milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and alcohol (if using).
- If eggnog is not smooth: run it through a blender or pour through a sieve.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container.
- Serve and enjoy!
See notes from above recipe.
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: drink
- Method: stove-top
- Cuisine: Christmas