This classic recipe is plenty sweet without added sugar. Grain free Date loaf with walnuts, a great coffee break snack.
- 12 oz dates, chopped and pitted
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine: dates, baking soda, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, walnuts (optional) and boiling water.
- Mix well.
- Add eggs and continue to mix.
- Sift together baking powder and coconut flour, add to wet ingredients.
- Spoon into lined or greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving
If using a regular sized loaf pan bake for 40-50 min and make sure the pan is lined.