Duck, duck, duck, (no goose). Duck eggs, meat, and fat in this baby! She’s a rich one!
- 1 duck egg
- 1/2 cup spinach (shredded)
- 1/4 cup basil (diced)
- 1/2 cup small onions (cipollini or pearl)
- 1 cup wild mushroom mix
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 3 Tbsp duck fat (or ghee, coconut oil, olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8–1/4 cup leftover duck meat (diced)
- 10–15 spears of asparagus
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 orange (wedged or sliced- however you do)
- Pre-heat oven or toaster-oven to 350F for the onions and mushrooms.
- Melt duck fat, tossing onions and mushrooms in about half of the duck fat. Spread on a cookie sheet and cook in oven until onions are soft and mushrooms are soft with browned edges. Lightly salt.
- In a mixing bowl, crack the egg and beat with a fork until uniform consistency. Mix in shredded spinach and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- (optional) In a frying pan cook asparagus in 1/2 of remaining duck fat on medium heat until soft, but still crunchy. Season with salt to taste.
- (optional) Warm duck meat in non-stick or cast iron frying pan, then put aside.
- Add remaining duck fat to the pan. When hot (on Med setting) pour in egg mixture. Allow to cook until almost solid, then flip to brown the other side.
- Serve over mixed greens. Put tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and duck meat on half of the egg, then fold the other half over top. Sprinkle top with green onions. Plate with asparagus and orange pieces.
- Category: Breakfast