English Muffin, grain free. Can be done up ahead of time and frozen. Adapted from www.beautyandthefoodie.com
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2 baking rings or 3-inch ramekins
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Combine baking soda and apple cider vinegar, set aside.
- Combine eggs, coconut milk and ghee, mix until lump free.
- Add salt.
- Mix in baking soda and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place baking rings on top.
- Spoon mixture evenly into both rings.
- Place in the center of your preheated oven for 12-16 min.
- Allow to cool slightly then pop out of baking rings.
- Cut in half (along the horizon. Top and bottom, not two sides. You know what it should look like).
- In a lightly greased pan, or toaster oven lightly toast all sides.
If you prefer a sweeter version, you can use sweetened condensed coconut milk or add 1 tsp honey.
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Brunch