Fenugreek Mango Tropical Wedge Salad is a funky twist on the traditional wedge salad. Just one more amazing use for our to-die-for Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce.
It is way too soon to be saying this, but summer may be coming to an end. Someone slap me for even saying that! Nevermind, I'll do it myself. Done. Right in the face! Well, Fenugreek Mango Tropical Wedge Salad is a nice way to put summer in your mouth.
Bali Travel and Smokey Skies
I'm heading to Bali next month for a few weeks. I know, right!? I cannot wait to get in the tropical salt water and sun. It's where I really come to life!
I don't talk a lot about my injury. I don't like to focus on it. But I am suffering from back pain as a result of a car accident that happened before Holley and I started The Primal Desire. I bring it up because being in the salt water is such a physical relief, and I can be active in there and feel good. I'm gonna snorkel my face off! Someone remind me to pack the Beautycounter sunscreen, k? (Canadian link ) It's good for me and doesn't harm the ocean life either. 🙂
It's going to be nice to get some clear skies and sun too. Here at home, we're having another year of smoky skies and a ton of forest fires. The whole province is on fire again.
It's so weird. It's like there's an Instagram filter on everything giving it an orange hue, it's so much darker than usual, it's been days since I've seen blue sky, and my eyes and throat are raw each morning. It smells like campfire.
My friends have been laughing at me: when they ask me about my plans for the trip, I don't have any. I'm starting off with one of my best friends and she is organizing the first few nights, but beyond that, I have no idea. I haven't read about Bali at all. I don't know about areas or towns except for Ubud, which is supposed to have amazing food (be ready for some major food FOMO due to photos…), yoga, retreats, digital nomads, and spirituality. But no details.
I should learn some basic things. A short wishlist of things I might want to see or do. But I really do enjoy being free to go where the winds (and menus) take me. Those have generally been the best travel days I've experienced in the past. Total freedom.
Oh, and those first few nights that were planned, well, have you heard about the earthquakes in the last month? Yeah, that has kinda put the plans on shaky ground. (haha) It's a bit of a cluster-fuck right now. Should be fine by the time we get there, but either way, it'll be great.
That said, have you been to Bali? Do you have any recommendations for me?
Mangos – “Mangga” in Bali
It turns out that mangoes (“mangoes” is also acceptable. Man, English is so ridiculous!) will be in season while I'm in Bali. How convenient! I'm excited to try all the tropical fruit in Bali – except durian. That stuff is not for me. I'll try it again anyway, but as cool as it looks it's one of the few foods that I don't like.
Have you had fresh mangos before? Like any fruit, eating them fresh and local is totally different from the store-bought stuff that has traveled across the world. Makes me think of the incredible fruit smoothies I had in Thailand. Oh man. So good.
Fenugreek Mango Tropical Wedge Salad
What a perfect combination of events: mango, bacon, blue cheese, and Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce. I swear, there are no bad uses for that sauce and this Fenugreek Mango Tropical Wedge Salad is so fun!Print
A funky twist on the traditional wedge salad. Just one more amazing use for our to-die-for Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce (cut into quarters)
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely sliced)
- 4–6 slices of quality bacon (finely sliced width-wise)
- 1 yellow mango (cubed)
- 1/4–1/2 cup tomatoes (cut into 1/2 inch pieces. I recommend cherry tomatoes halved)
- 3/4–1 cup Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- fresh fenugreek leaves as garnish
- Place a quarter head of lettuce on each plate/bowl.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium to med-high heat and saute the majority of the onions (reserve enough raw onions to sprinkle on top of each wedge) in the bacon fat (I cooked the bacon on one side of the pan and the onions on the other so that if one was done sooner I could scoop it out while the other finished). Onions should be caramelized but not burned.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cooked onions and bacon, mango, and tomatoes over each lettuce wedge.
- Top each with raw red onion slices, blue cheese (optional), and fresh fenugreek leaves (optional), then drizzle with Creamy Curry Fenugreek Sauce.
Cut and prep the rest of the ingredients while cooking the onions and bacon to save some time. You wanna get this in your mouth as soon as possible, right?
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Salad
Keywords: wedge salad