- 2 cups carrots (peeled and finely sliced)
- 2 bananas (peeled and halved length-wise and cross-wise)
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 5–6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2–3 Tbsp ghee (substitute coconut oil for AIP*)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 F.
- Melt ghee in a pot over medium heat.
- Add carrots and stir often enough to prevent carrots from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Cook until carrots are soft enough to pierce with a sharp knife.
- Stir in 1 tsp cinnamon, a sprinkle of salt, and 4-5 Tsp syrup and remove from heat.
- Place bananas on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon and salt and drizzle with syrup.
- Cook in oven/toaster oven until warmed thru (around 10 minutes).
- Cut bananas into bite-sized pieces and gently mix with carrots.
*AIP – Autoimmune protocol
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Vegetable