Golden beet salad is a perfect blend of sweet and tart pickled beets with the crisp crunch of greens. It can get expensive eating clean or paleo in the winter, but winter vegetable save the day! Root vegetable are hearty and usually affordable even in the winter months.
- 1 jar pickled beets
- 4 cups greens (arugula is my favorite, whatever you prefer)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 tbsp goat cheese if you can tolerate goat dairy
- Lay greens on a plate.
- Layer on tomato, and avocado.
- Layer on pickled beets.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and goat cheese if you are using it.
- In a container with a lid combine balsamic vinegar and EVOO, shake and drizzle over beets and greens.
- Category: Salad