- Juice and some pulp from 1.5 grapefruits, (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 full wings (12 split)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Over medium heat melt coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Carefully place chicken wings in the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, fry for aprox 2 minutes each side.
- Place wings on a baking sheet and pop in the oven.
- Over medium heat combine grapefruit juice, minced garlic, honey and salt, simmer for 20 min stirring regularly, it will start to reduce making more of a sauce.
- Brush the sauce on the wings and pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Repeat at 5 min intervals until you run out of sauce, the wings should be in oven a total of 45 minutes.
- Method: Oven