I'm feeling a little rushed today, I want to post this amazing Paleo Grilled Lamb in Mint Cream Sauce for you, our lovely readers. The weather forecast here is for: hot, Hot, HOT, so outdoor grilling and a chilled sauce is perfect for weekend dinner plans.
But you see, I also want to assemble my new bike. I have been making my way about town in my flattering and stylish bike shorts, riding my springy (and heavy) full suspension bike. It's a good workout, and a couple days now I have had quivering thighs from a solid ride. My downhill bike although old, has been well maintained, and I love it, however, it simply isn't meant for road riding. I lose momentum with every springy peddle and it is heavy. I need a new bike. But who has the funds to spend on a fancy new road bike? I did a favor for a friend of a friend; some consulting in my “spare time” to get a brand new, still in the box “fixie” or commuter bike. Something definitely better suited to the road riding I like to do. I just need to assemble it and wiggle into my padded bike shorts! But first, I blog.
The stress relief I have gotten from getting out to ride has made me feel like a more sociable human being. I have a stressful job. I could easily work 12-16 hours every day and not get everything done. I am realizing that the exercise outlet for just 30 min a day helps me cope, and be more productive. It also makes me nicer to be around. Haha. The positive benefits of exercise to combat the negative effects of stress and anxiety (this link talks a bit about the how) are well documented. My own outrageous levels of cortisol have been documented as well (high and showing signs of adrenal fatigue, and that was before I took on a second store). Therefore 30 min of exercise daily is prescribed (and by the Mayo clinic no less). It is hard for me to find that 30 min in my day quite often. Terrible I know, and making an effort to put myself first. Maybe I'll post a picture of my new wheels, before I gear up, because pictures in bike shorts aren't what I want to be famous on the internet for. At least not yet.
Grilled lamb in a creamy chilled mint sauce, great for a summers day
- 1 rack of lamb (already marinated)
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup coconut cream
- Combine: dill, mint, red pepper lemon juice and coconut cream.
- Mix well, blend or food process.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- I used a rack of lamb already marinated, you can marinate it yourself with rosemary, oregano, a little white wine and olive oil.
- Let your lamb rest out before grilling, you want it about room temperature.
- Fire up the Grill, you want to sear lamb hot and quick to keep the juices in.
- Place chops on a hot grill and close the lid, cook approx. 4 min
- Using tongs (to keep the juices in flip the lamb and cook lid closed 4 min for med rare, 6 for medium. (We cooked the entire rack and it was approx. 6 min on the first side, 8 on the second).
- Plate and drizzle a generous portion of sauce over top. (or dip depending on how you feel about double dipping)
- Method: BBQ