Time to make your own Homemade Curry Powder Recipe. Forget that store-bought stale bottle of spices. Bring on the flavor!
- 3 Tbsp ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fennel seed (I toasted seeds aprox 4 min over medium heat and crushed)
- 1 Tbsp black mustard seed (These took a little longer to toast, 7 min over medium heat, then crush or grind)
- 1 tsp freshly ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp fenugreek seeds (toasted 4 min and crushed)
- 1 Tbsp ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 10 dried curry leaves (small leaves crushed)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (I used a full tsp, but I like it SPICY)
- One by one toast the spices, they have to be toasted individually because they need to be toasted for different times (note times above in Ingredient List).
- You can use a pestle and mortar or a grinder, manual or electric to crush the toasted spices.
- Combine and keep in an air tight jar (see Notes below).
I love using swing-top locking Mason jars because they are easy to scoop out and being air-tight, they keep the spice blend fresh.
- Category: Spice
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Curry, spice blend, hot curry powder, homemade spice blend