A classic recipe made paleo- and Instant Pot- friendly. Instant Pot Beet Borscht is packed with vegetables and warm borscht goodness.
- 3 large beets peeled, or 8 cups diced
- 3 stalks celery diced, or 1/2 cup
- 2 large carrots diced, or 1/2 cup
- 2 large cloves garlic diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 cups stock, (beef, chicken or veggie)
- Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup Coconut yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Place washed beets in a steamer in the instant pot with 1 cup of water. Steam for 7 minutes, quick release, and drop into an ice bath, the skins will slip right off! Dice.
- Add: beets, carrots, celery, garlic, onions, cabbage, bay leaf, stock, salt and thyme to the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Soup” setting adjusting the time to 45 minutes.
- Allow a natural pressure release or else it’s soup splattering everywhere).
- Spoon into bowls adding a dollop of sour cream and garnishing with fresh dill.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot