Instant Pot Cherry Sage Roast – “I love cooking roasts in my Instant Pot: so tender plus topped with sweet cherries and savory sage – this is sure to be a family favorite!” – Holley
This is a Holley recipe, but I'm writing to you today. Why the take-over? Probably because I've been hella lazy recently and she's been dealing with a very full plate.
She made this a few weeks ago when the weather was still hot and we were hanging out on the deck. We'd just read Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life and had started making our mid-day meal our largest meal of the day, so it was pretty great that this Cherry Sage Pot Roast In Instant Pot was quick and easy to make with so little hands-on effort or time!
Seriously, if you aren't using an Instant Pot every day, what are you doing?!
I'm Not Ready for Fall
I think I've mentioned before that I find Autumn very difficult. I get the appeal of cozy sweaters and comfort foods, but I love summer, and to me, the transition into fall is so sudden. It's almost violent!
I had a woman comment about me wearing flip-flops today. “Oh, yeah. I'm in denial that summer is over.”
To me, fall indicates that the year is basically over. I guess when summer is what you look forward to, it makes sense that I'd feel that way. It's been the last few years in particular that I've struggled with this season. Though last year I traveled to Bali, to help ease the pain.
And this year? Well, this year… Holley, myself, and another friend are heading to India! Yeah! It's gonna be epic! Don't be surprised if we come back and start sneaking Indian spices into everything again (have you tried Holley's Paleo Curry Carrot Cake? It'll surprise you how nice the curry is in there! Makes me think of the dinner we had last night at QB Gelato that paired curried cauliflower with roasted tomatoes and a cilantro-coconut milk gelato. Another mind-bender that you just need to experience to believe!).
Yeah. We're gonna eat all the things in India! You should probably be following us on Instagram, if you're not already, to see the most up-to-date photos/stories while we're gone. And in general, to be honest.
So that's happening. It's definitely helping me to have that warm weather to look forward to. But what's gonna happen when I get back?!
Cherry Sage Roast in an Instant Pot
Instant Pot pot roast (it's weird to say that with the double “pot”, isn't it?) is great for lunch in the summer since you don't heat up the house cooking it, but it's also great for dinner in the fall. All good in the hood. Enjoy! It smells amazing BTW, so be sure to open your door when it's finished cooking so that your neighbors can be jealous of your meal. 😉
How do you deal with the changing seasons? Are you an OMG-I'm-so-glad-it's-pumpkin-spice-latte-season kinda person, or more like me: escape-to-somewhere-warm-or-hibernate-and-console-myself-with-comfort-food-until-spring sorta person? Either way, I think we can all come together in enjoying a nice Instant Pot Cherry Sage Roast.
Instant Pot Cherry Sage Roast – “I love cooking roasts in my Instant Pot: so tender plus topped with sweet cherries and savory sage – this is sure to be a family favorite!
- 3lb Beef pot roast
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cherry juice (or apple juice works too)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBSP fresh diced sage (1/2 TBSP dried)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (we used Maldon smoked sea salt)
Optional 2 tsp cassava flour
- Place pot roast in your Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Pile the garlic, onions, spices, and cherries on top of the roast.
- pour the cherry juice into the pot under the roast.
- Close up your Instant pot and program in “Meat” for 30 min with a quick release.
- Remove the roast to rest on the cutting board, and the trivet as well.
- Make sure the Bay leaf comes out
- I used an immersion blender to make the cherry juice, cherries drippings and spices into a gravy and sauteed until the desired thickness was achieved. Alternately you could wisk in the 2 tsp cassava flour to help spped up the thickening process.
- Slice the roast and top with the gravy.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Meat
- Method: Instant Pot