Instant Pot Cherry Sage Roast – “I love cooking roasts in my Instant Pot: so tender plus topped with sweet cherries and savory sage – this is sure to be a family favorite!
- 3lb Beef pot roast
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup cherry juice (or apple juice works too)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBSP fresh diced sage (1/2 TBSP dried)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt (we used Maldon smoked sea salt)
Optional 2 tsp cassava flour
- Place pot roast in your Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Pile the garlic, onions, spices, and cherries on top of the roast.
- pour the cherry juice into the pot under the roast.
- Close up your Instant pot and program in “Meat” for 30 min with a quick release.
- Remove the roast to rest on the cutting board, and the trivet as well.
- Make sure the Bay leaf comes out
- I used an immersion blender to make the cherry juice, cherries drippings and spices into a gravy and sauteed until the desired thickness was achieved. Alternately you could wisk in the 2 tsp cassava flour to help spped up the thickening process.
- Slice the roast and top with the gravy.
- Category: Meat
- Method: Instant Pot