Crisp lettuce and raw veggies provide a satisfying crunch that balances the sweet and savory fermented honey garlic chicken. If the chicken makes it into the wraps… I was tempted to stand in the kitchen eating it all by itself!
- 1/8 cup honey garlic (cloves crushed and honey)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp chilies
- 1 tbsp minced or dried onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8–10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/2 pepper thin sliced
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 avocado thin sliced
- 1/8 cup cashews crushed or chopped
- After fermenting your honey garlic sauce scoop it into a bowl, crushing any garlic cloves you scoop out.
- Add coconut amino’s, onions, chilies, salt, and pepper, mix well.
- Add in boneless skinless chicken thighs and let sit a few hours.
- Place chicken and sauce into the instant pot, and set on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking (likely 10 minutes to come to pressure, 6 minutes cooking time and a 6-minute natural pressure release) Wash a dice the vegetables for the wraps.
- peel the washed lettuce into full leaves, you can use whatever lettuce you prefer.
- Once the Chicken has naturally pressure released for 6 minutes open up the valve and release any remaining pressure. The chicken should shred easily with 2 forks. Let the shredded chicken lay in the sauce until you are ready to assemble wraps.
- In the lettuce lay: chicken, grated carrot, pepper slices, chopped cashews, green onion, and avocado, drizzling a little extra sauce over top before rolling the lettuce around ingredients.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Try baking the chicken thighs in sauce, and then order your Instant Pot here!
- Method: Instant Pot