Instant Pot “Sous Vide” Egg Bites are our answer to those Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites, but even better because they’re Instant Pot Egg Bites i.e. FASTER!
Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites
Holley likes to go to Starbucks. She’s blogged there, had dates there, cried there, laughed there, and of course, drank coffee there. I’m not really a coffee drinker, and Starbucks isn’t my style of a place anyway (and why don’t they have more comfortable seats?!). She told me about the Starbucks sous vide egg bites and how popular they are. I tried them. I didn’t love them. I like the idea. I wanted to love them. I didn’t. I didn’t like the texture at all. But clearly, I’m the exception.
She thought that an Instant Pot version would be an easy, fast, convenient and healthy option for people (not to mention cheaper!). Plus you wouldn’t have to wait in line waiting for breakfast to start off the day. Prepare a bunch ahead of time, freeze, then put in the Instant Pot the night before and program to have ready when you wake up. Genius. OK, that might be overstating it, but it is very clever and has the potential to make your morning routine much better,
So this is the recipe that she came up with. I like this one.
We’re moving again. Moving is one of the activities that I least like. Our other roommate moved out and we could either find someone for the 3rd room or move. We decided this would be a good reason to look for another place. The truth is, I never really felt the connection to our current kitchen the way that I would have liked. But the place that we have lined up has a bigger kitchen with lots of light – basically my two minimum requirements.
We’ve got two weeks until then. Packing, cleaning, painting, planning, updating addresses – those that are actually remembered – which reminds me that I should contact the post office…
So with that and all the normal things that keep life busy, including November-1st-Halloween-costume-sale shopping this week, time-savers such as Instant Pot “Sous Vide” Egg Bites are excellent options. BTW, what did you do for Halloween this year? Any sweet costumes?Print
Instant Pot “Sous Vide” Egg Bites
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta or preferred shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup canned or smoked salmon
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 wide mouth half-pint mason jars or silicone bowls
- Put 1 cup of water in your instant pot and set to simmer (this is optional and only so your pot comes to pressure faster!)
- Combine eggs, spinach, cheese, salmon and spices together and beat. Or toss all ingredients in a blender and pulse until desired consistency of ingredients. You can see from the photos I wanted smooth textured egg bites and blended until the spinach made the mixture green.
- Line the jars or silicone cups with 1 tsp butter each, unless you plan to spoon them out of the cups.
- Fill jars or cups evenly with the egg mixture and set carefully into your now steaming IP. If you set the water to sautee you can cancel that now.
- Set your instant pot to 6 minutes on steam, LOW pressure.
- Allow to naturally pressure release 4-6 minutes
Feel free to add to these! Diced tomatoes, roasted garlic, kale, broccoli, whatever makes you happy!
We tested making these up ahead of time, freezing and cooking from frozen. they seemed to hold up really well, making this a great make-ahead quick snack or meal!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: egg, sous vide egg bite, keto, breakfast
Carol Little R.H. @studiobotanica says
This looks SO delicious! Cannot wait to try this recipe!! Thanks!!