- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta or preferred shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup canned or smoked salmon
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 wide mouth half-pint mason jars or silicone bowls
- Put 1 cup of water in your instant pot and set to simmer (this is optional and only so your pot comes to pressure faster!)
- Combine eggs, spinach, cheese, salmon and spices together and beat. Or toss all ingredients in a blender and pulse until desired consistency of ingredients. You can see from the photos I wanted smooth textured egg bites and blended until the spinach made the mixture green.
- Line the jars or silicone cups with 1 tsp butter each, unless you plan to spoon them out of the cups.
- Fill jars or cups evenly with the egg mixture and set carefully into your now steaming IP. If you set the water to sautee you can cancel that now.
- Set your instant pot to 6 minutes on steam, LOW pressure.
- Allow to naturally pressure release 4-6 minutes
Feel free to add to these! Diced tomatoes, roasted garlic, kale, broccoli, whatever makes you happy!
We tested making these up ahead of time, freezing and cooking from frozen. they seemed to hold up really well, making this a great make-ahead quick snack or meal!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: egg, sous vide egg bite, keto, breakfast