Irish Cream Eggnog Ice Cream is a simple 2-step process, only needing a freezer and a blender
- 2 cups eggnog (use a primal eggnog if you can)
- 1/4 cup Irish cream (Baileys, Carolan’s, etc) or another creamy liqueur like Rum Chata
- cinnamon to taste
- Poor eggnog into ice tray and freeze overnight.
- Put liqueur in freezer as well (with the alcohol content it probably won’t freeze, but the temperature will be perfect).
- Combine ingredients in blender (if using a Vitamix, use the frozen dessert preset, pressing frozen cubes into the blades with the tamper. Using a Vitamix will result in a smoother ice cream than weaker blenders, but they’ll still make a lovely dish).
- If too thin, return to freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkle with cinnamon, enjoy!
This is a paleo cheat. You can make it less of a cheat with a paleo eggnog such as My Heart Beets’, but I wanted to make this as easy as possible this time. Which it totally is- 2 steps: freeze, blend, eat. Yeah, I added eating it, because I thing the phrase “having your cake and eating it” is dumb.
Oh, you don’t know what Rum Chata is? It’s a rum-based liqueur that is great in most things you’d use Irish cream in, and terrific with eggnog.