Grain free, battered and deep fried cheese. Lacto-Paleo Saganaki
- One block sheep feta
- 1 capful brandy (1/2 oz)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp oil (coconut or ghee)
- (Halved version from Bacon wrapped Onion rings)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Combine dry ingredients, and mix.
- Beat egg in a separate dish.
- Dredge cheese thru egg wash and then coat with dry mixture.
- Melt oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Gently ease coated cheese into the oil pan frying for 5-8 min, then flip and fry the other side.
- Splash the brandy over the cheese and light aflame.
- Shout OPA! if you so desire.
- Extinguish the flame by squeezing lemon wedges over top.
- Check your eyebrows, still there? Good! Phew…
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Greek