Beautifully fragrant tea to start off summer!
- 2–3 cups (packed) lilac flowers (all greenery removed)
- 1 lemon
- 1–2 tsp maple syrup
- 3–4 cups boiling water
- Put flowers in a glass jar.
- Add enough boiling water to cover lilacs (3-4 cups).
- Soak overnight.
- Strain out flowers.
- If resulting amber-colored tea, or lilac water, is too strong or bitter, water down as needed.
- Add maple syrup (approximately 1/2 tsp per cup).
- Squeeze in juice from lemon (approximately 1/2 tsp per cup).
- Stir and serve chilled (refrigerate and/or use ice cubes).
This lilac water can be used to add subtle flavor to other dishes (stay tuned…).
- Category: Beverage