Easy sweet potato pancakes make a great benny base, or on their own for breakfast or brunch
- 2 cups shredded yam or sweet potato
- 3 egg whites (leftover from the saffron Hollandaise sauce perhaps?)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- Put a frying pan on to heat over medium heat.
- Combine: shredded yam, egg, salt, pepper and coconut flour, mix until combined.
- Put 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee in the pan and drop 1/4 of the shredded yams into the oil, gently press down to the desired thickness, 1/4 inch or so.
- Cook for 2 minutes, gently flip over (this can be hard, careful).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side, the egg will cook and the shredded yam will soften.
- Place on a paper towel or plate.
- Cuisine: breakfast