Just like Gran used to make, kind of. High in protein and fiber! A great post gym snack or dessert!
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter ghee
- 1/8 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/8 cup ground cashews
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or, 60% or higher cocoa bar broken or grated into small pieces or carob chips
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/3 cup (330ml) sweetened condensed coconut milk (from recipe above)
- 1 cup nuts (filberts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, entirely up to you, mix a bunch together!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a 9 X 11 pan, melt the butter or ghee, mix in the ground nuts and flax meal. You can buy already ground nuts, or place them in your food processor and pulse until ground.
- Press the ground nuts and butter into the pan so it lines the bottom, pat lightly to pack.
- Spread chocolate over the crust in an even layer.
- Slowly pour the sweetened condensed coconut milk over chocolate chips.
- Layer the coconut flakes over the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Finally spread the nuts and seeds overtop of the coconut, that is your final layer.
- Bake for 25-30 min until top is golden.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into bars.
There was a fork in the pan at my house, it never saw a plate!
- Category: Dessert