- 5 lbs peaches
- 8 tsp maple syrup
- 750 ml whisky (maple, honey, spiced or plain)
- 8 jars and lids (250ml)
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Prepare jars and lids, sterilizing them
- Fill jars with peaches, get as many in as you can, really shake them into the jars, firmly yet gentle, you don’t want mush.
- Put 1 tsp. of maple syrup into each jar over the peaches
- Put 3 oz of whisky into each jar, should fill to the shoulder of the jar, you can add a touch of boiled water to top it up, or more whisky, up to you.
- Lightly tighten lid over jar and place in a boiling water bath for 15 min.
- Remove and let cool. Any jars that don’t “pop” aren’t sealed and must be refrigerated and used right away (darn it!).
Whisky soaked peaches can be: served over coconut ice cream, or muddled into an old-fashioned. Or this amazing looking “Black Manhattan“. With coconut cream and more booze for a grown-up smoothie. With a sparkling wine like in our peach sangria, as an Amaretto sour, or eaten out of the jar while watching Californication episodes on Netflicks standing in your kitchen, maybe, I heard…
- Category: Preserves