- 2 strips bacon (chopped)
- 2–3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp mashed yam leftovers (warmed – and it’s all good if your guests picked out the candied pecans last night, because we don’t need them in this recipe)
- 1/4 avocado (cubed, covered with lemon juice, and salted)
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 tsp salt (approx)
- Cook bacon pieces in a non-stick frying pan until crisp, then set bacon aside (leave about 1 Tbsp bacon grease in pan).
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl and add salt.
- Pour eggs into warm pan (over medium-high heat).
- As eggs begin to solidify, use a spatula to lift the cooked edges, and tilt the pan to allow the still-liquid eggs to flow underneath.
- When solid enough, flip omelette to cook the top for about a minute (time will vary).
- Transfer to plate, spread mashed yams over half of omelette.
- Cover mashed yams with avocado and tomato chunks.
- Fold other side over-top of filling and enjoy!
And the hash in the photo is shredded sweet potato, egg, salt, onion slivers, and onion powder. Great with Holley’s homemade paleo ketchup.
- Category: Breakfast