I'm addicted to the NomNomPaleo Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes (and thank goodness many paleo authorities are good with white potatoes again, 'cause I love 'em!). I decided to utilize Michelle's technique, but jazz them up into Moroccan Spiced Potatoes. Thanks Michelle, for the magic!
Many people think porn when they hear the name The Primal Desire (I'm going to talk more about the name in the upcoming weeks). It makes sense: these words have a close association with lust, sexual appetite, sexuality, etc. Passionate foodies such as ourselves use terms like “food porn” (prior to TPD I started a Facebook group called Paleo Food Porn). In fact, a while back I was at a buddy's place looking through a new cookbook – full of amazing food photos – both of us drooling, wide-eyed animals, nearly frothing at the mouth with every turned page. When a couple other friends entered the room, they were convinced that we were actually looking at porn.
So it was no surprise when last month a new site with the name “Primal Desire” that sells sex toys went live. It even has a mouth in it's logo! They do have some edible gummy panties, candy underwear for him and her, and edible paints, but none of these looked paleo. Unfortunately (or fortunately, it's hard to tell at this point), it's kind of a half-assed (haha) site. Looks like a cookie-cutter turn-key style site where you buy a domain, create a name and logo, and pay for the kit to sell some other business's gear. As of today the page title is still basically a “Insert title here”. Holley suggested I contact them to offer assistance. Maybe this is how we should start generating some income on ThePrimalDesire.com….
What did you first think when you first heard our name?
What ever your reaction, I think we can all agree that these sexy Moroccan Spiced Potatoes will generate a primal desire in anyone who sees, smells, or tastes them! They are amazing with the Tangy Coconut Yogurt Sauce, and a great side to any dish.Print
Based on Michelle Tam's Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes, Moroccan Spiced Potatoes have a wonderful flavor & texture.
- 1 lbs red or yellow potatoes or skinned Russet potatoes (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 2 Tbsp ghee (or coconut oil, etc)
- 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 Tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup water
- Pour water into Instant Pot and place the cut potatoes into a steamer basket and into the pressure cooker. Seal lid, press “Manual” and use the “-” button to program 5 minutes (ensure that the release valve is set to “Sealing”). Allow a natural pressure release (around 10 minutes).
- In a medium-large pan (I prefer my cast iron skillet), melt a tablespoon of ghee on medium-high heat.
- Transfer potatoes to pan – only enough that they sit in a single layer in the pan (I usually have to do 2 or 3 batches).
- Sprinkle generously with Moroccan spice mix. Resist the urge to move the spuds around for at least a minute, allowing the potatoes to become crispy.
- Flip the potatoes and crisp up the other side. If you're at all OCD, or love the crispiness like me, you can turn onto any other potato surface that is still soft. Add extra ghee if needed.
- Repeat for remaining potatoes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and serve with Tangy Coconut Yogurt Sauce.