Based on Michelle Tam’s Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes, Moroccan Spiced Potatoes have a wonderful flavor & texture.
- 1 lbs red or yellow potatoes or skinned Russet potatoes (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 2 Tbsp ghee (or coconut oil, etc)
- 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 Tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup water
- Pour water into Instant Pot and place the cut potatoes into a steamer basket and into the pressure cooker. Seal lid, press “Manual” and use the “-” button to program 5 minutes (ensure that the release valve is set to “Sealing”). Allow a natural pressure release (around 10 minutes).
- In a medium-large pan (I prefer my cast iron skillet), melt a tablespoon of ghee on medium-high heat.
- Transfer potatoes to pan – only enough that they sit in a single layer in the pan (I usually have to do 2 or 3 batches).
- Sprinkle generously with Moroccan spice mix. Resist the urge to move the spuds around for at least a minute, allowing the potatoes to become crispy.
- Flip the potatoes and crisp up the other side. If you’re at all OCD, or love the crispiness like me, you can turn onto any other potato surface that is still soft. Add extra ghee if needed.
- Repeat for remaining potatoes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and serve with Tangy Coconut Yogurt Sauce.
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Method: Instant Pot