- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 slices bacon (paleo- no sugar, diced)
- 4–5 carrots (chopped)
- 3 parsnips (chopped)
- 4–5 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 cup (approx) clam juice
- 1 L fish or chicken stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 lbs white fish (i used cod)
- 1.5 lbs fresh clams (still in the shell? We’ve got instructions here) or 1 can baby clams (cut into smaller pieces)
- 1 handful fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- In a large stock pot, sautee onions in coconut oil until soft over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until browned.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and celery and cook for 5-10 min.
- Add coconut milk, clam juice, fish/chicken stock, Bay leaves, rosemary, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Simmer until parsnips are desired tenderness.
- Add fish and clams. They will only take a minute or two to cook thru. Taste test for seasoning (adjust salt as needed).
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.